I was sad our house looked so bland with no plants or flowers so today we decided to take on the front planter. I have been reminiscing about our wedding day lately just because haha (fun to think of how far you've come sometimes :) ) and I remembered how much I loved our red and yellow color scheme and wanted to tie it into our home somehow and it was too loud for the inside so I knew the outside would just be perfect. It adds just that touch of color and now everytime I see it it will remind me of our wedding day :)
look at my handsome husband teaching me how to garden (I'm obviously paying close attention while snapping away)
It was my first time gardening and except for a couple mess-ups I did pretty good haha.
Aren't those red flowers gorgeous!? We needed something that could handle being in the sun for a good portion of the day and I like to have the out of the ordinary so I found these and fell in love.
my golden yellow to compliment the red
so pretty! We're going to see how these grow and if they stay really small I may do some small filler plants but I don't know I think it looks ok what do you think?
still needs work but so much better!!
Future projects : Front yard - purple willow bush to cover random canister things sticking out of the ground (like the water stuff, you know what I'm talking about right?) and then probably a tree in that front open grass area. I'm thinking of doing another flower bed along the front of the sidewalk and go around the side of the house(bushes on the side). Tall bushes in front of the fence (no idea that's jeremy's idea). Flower baskets to go on the hooks on the front porch (still haven't found ones I like yet).
Backyard - Rip up the old dead vegetable garden and either seed or sod grass. New wood chips for the playground.
That's the extent of our current plans, some of it will probably be pushed to next summer but I'm excited, we're really making it a home for us :)






No comments:
Post a Comment