Monday, October 8, 2012

Slow Happenings

Sorry I have been bad about blogging lately. I have been bad about picture taking as well and it is against my nature to do a blog post without a photo. It's slow happenings here. We finished the board and batten in the two upstairs rooms but I've yet to do some finishing touches on Aiden's room or revamping the old guest room so there are no pictures yet. Sad I know... We also (and by we I mean Jeremy. He takes full responsibility it's ok.) got rid of our dog. It's a long story but to sum up Jeremy thought he wanted a dog but it turned out that it was much more fun to grow up with a dog your mom trained than to watch your wife train it while it chewed up all your stuff(the porch deck which is now a safety level of condemned, the air conditioning unit that thankfully still functions, the cable cords, every single one of Aiden's toys..along with a few of the neighbors (sorry neighbors!!!), and Jeremy's last straw- the grill). She was making great progress and was a really good dog but just not a right fit for our family. Aiden was still scared of her and I got her for him so it just wasn't working out. The good news is she has been adopted by another family who will hopefully love her as much (if not more) than I did. I don't like to talk about it so hopefully this is the end of that but I didn't want anyone asking about her. We also ripped out the playset because it took up 2/3 of the yard and after putting in the deck/patio this upcoming spring we would have very little yard left. Plus Aiden never played with it and it attracted wasps like nobody's business. The sad news is I miss the swings and now its just a big ugly pile of dirt but sod is going in soon and then trees and plants in the spring to add some privacy to our not very private backyard (comes with the territory of a neighborhood with houses built on top of each other). So now whenever I go into my backyard it's an unsafe rickety porch leading down to a dogless, swingless ugly dirt pile. I'm not very happy about it. The good news is I've already picked out a new swing set that is 5+feet shorter and not near as tall and it will fit in a perfect little spot off to the side we have picked out for the future. It has a smaller much less steep slide and only 2 swings and no crazy rock walls or anything so its more age appropriate for young ones. I also have picked out a sand box since our visits to the Daybreak "beach" have basically stopped since it went from being unbearably hot to too cool, and Aiden is begging for a sandbox for the new sand toys I had just bought. The deck/patio combination is going to go in in the spring and so hopefully soon we'll have a really nice backyard. Sorry for the rambling its been a few months and I have been a little out of it lately and am too lazy to read back through and cut this down.

Aiden has also decided out of the blue that he is obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba. It peaked when it caused a MAJOR meltdown at his cousin's house when he realized the Muno stuffed toy was in fact Blakely's and needed to stay with her at her house. So naturally in the mail a few days later was a Muno for Aiden. I wish I had gotten his reaction on video but I didn't. He was sleeping at the time and I snuck up to lay Muno in bed beside him and as quiet as I was my freakishly light sleeper woke up. It worked out though because I got to see his reaction of immediately clutching it to his chest and saying repeatedly "Oh Muno you're back, you're back! Oh Muno! You're back! You're not Blakely's Muno you're Aiden's Muno! Oh you're back!" It was pretty much the cutest thing ever and made mom happy to see him so happy. He has also insisted on a Yo Gabba Gabba party and his Nana bought some Yo Gabba Gabba shoes that are en route. All of this = very happy Aiden which unfortunately lately is few and far between. He reverted in potty training and his tantrums have escalated to a shocking display as he has never acted this way before and so something is stressing him out. Hopefully whatever it is he gets over it soon before his mom looses her mind. Luckily the potty training reverting has made a lot of progress(knock on wood) in the last few days and the tantrums have gone down significantly as I have been sticking to a stricter daily schedule and nap time for him. He just needs some structure right now I think. Now before I can think of anything else to say for your sake as the reader I'll just end it right there lol.






No comments: