Thursday, October 18, 2012

16 weeks

Yes. I am pregnant. Many of you have guessed by my not so subtle pinterest pins over the past few months,  others by my belly that decided to show up much earlier than expected this time around, but in case you have not been told or guessed yet(or just noticed my announcement on facebook haha) we are expecting #2 to arrive (estimated) April 3rd. The last four months have consisted of exhaustion, morning sickness, very strange mood swings that I do not remember getting last time, migranes, various uncomfortableness, etc etc. Basically no fun. Aiden doesn't seem to fully understand but he knows mommy has a baby in her tummy and he loves it (supposedly...lol. He randomly comes up and starts kissing my tummy saying "I love you baby" or singing the baby his truck song...with guitar noises...). He did revert in potty training a bit because of the announcement and has had some crazy emotions to the point I began to wonder if he was the one pregnant. He has been improving significantly(knock on wood) and while we haven't talked about the baby a lot since it's so far off we have begun focusing any talk on all the fun things big boys and big brothers get to do. Poor kiddo has only child syndrome and doesn't know it. We don't get to find out what this little bean is until 21 weeks (boo :( ), but we are excited that it's only 5 weeks away now! I want a girl and Jeremy wants a boy although we're both excited for either and Aiden changes his mind frequently because again I think he doesn't fully understand. Although he adamantly told his cousin who thought it should be a girl the other day that it was NOT a girl. So I guess he wants a boy?

I was happy. And had two sticks so might as well use both right? I actually may have cried a bit and Aiden came in telling me not to be sad. I tried to explain it was happy crying and he looked at me like I was a crazy person. AND THEN HAD TO WAIT ALL DAY FOR MY HUSBAND TO GET HOME. Also just in case you were wondering those test that are digital that actually say pregnant or not pregnant seem cool but when you're not pregnant are actually just mean. NOT PREGNANT. Yes thank you obnoxious test...so I switched back to these.



And here is our little bean at a tiny 8 weeks. I was shocked to be able to see a semblance of a face rather than just a bean shape but I still so clichely named it baby bean.



and here I am at 16 weeks. In my awesome new boots.


Had my 16 week appt today after feeling quite some acrobatics from the little bean yesterday (which I was positive was the baby and I kept telling Jeremy it was going nuts) and then today at the appt the nurse kept losing the heartbeat because baby bean was doing somersaults. We would hear the heartbeat then hear some movement and lost it, it was making us all laugh. Sweet active baby bean :)

No comments: