Friday, July 27, 2012

Random updates

So I have a few pictures that have just been sitting on the computer waiting to collect enough to do a random post because they didn't really fit anywhere else.

While the painters were here I took Aiden to the dinosaur museum to get out of the house (this was the day after the huge argument over paint colors and it was more an escape from the awkwardness than the paint lol). They had a new science exhibit and Aiden went right to these headphone things and he was so cute I had to grab some quick snapshots.



 Sunday naps


especially nice when after getting the first shot you go for a second and Aiden smacks his dad in the face yet they still sleep through it.


Over the past week or so I have painted 2 hallways, 2 bathrooms, a bedroom and a laundry room. That is a lot of painting for one person! But it's all done and looks great. The hallways are just the beige from the living room so I didn't grab pictures of those but here is the rest...

Aiden's bathroom I wanted a brighter blue to make it a fun space for him but I didn't want it overwhelmingly bright. Every time I picked Valspar colors they came out neon(like glow in the dark neon it was AWFUL) so we went to get Behr and I've decided it's my new favorite paint. I was disappointed in Sherwin Williams after the paint was SO different from the samples and it splattered me REALLY bad, it was EVERYWHERE so we decided to do a Lowe's or Home Depot paint and Behr paint is definitely the winner.  It turned out great!

His curtain has 2 different blues in it so the rugs are the darker blue and the walls match the lighter blue perfectly. I wish a picture could do it justice, guess you'll just have to come see it ;)


Our bathroom we did a light grey/blue since the darker grey is in the bedroom we wanted to have the bathroom be lighter and it looks great! Don't mind the mess, I'm exhausted from painting and cleaning wasn't a priority today lol. Oh and ignore the random window sill the painters somehow managed to miss (the giant source of light wasn't a dead giveaway?). The color ties in with the bedroom really well, when we finish the decor for the bedroom I'll take some new pictures of both spaces.


The closet is right inside the door so the picture isn't great but the third bedroom (by the master) used to be the playroom but Aiden was always just dragging his toys downstairs and we figured when we have another baby sometime in the future, the small benefit we got from banishing Aiden upstairs to the playroom when he was being too loud wouldn't work anymore because it would just wake up the baby. It's also a much better place for the treadmill and guest room so guests can have the bathroom. We are debating either a trundle bed we can use as a couch in there or a (nice!!)futon. If anyone who regularly visits us has a preference let us know and we will take it into consideration lol. Our rooms are just too small for a queen and it seemed a waste of a room to be just dedicated as a guest room with us getting no personal use out of it. Let's be honest we don't have guests THAT much.


The same mint color from above is in the laundry room and I'm going to do some coral colored accents when I find them haha. We are also installing a cabinet, clothes hanging rod and ironing board above our machines so when those are done I'll take a picture. Next project on the list: board and batten!

No comments: