We got up and immediately headed off to the aquarium before we had to take the car back in (we rented a car for a day). After Florida even a Hawaiian aquarium can't compete but it's a good second. I love aquariums and I'm glad we got to go, Utah's aquarium is kind of pathetic, by normal standards not even by Florida standards. I also was able to get some jewelry for maternity pictures ( in a later post).
This is Jeremy's favorite Hawaiian fish. Don't ask me why. He just loves it.
Frog fish
It's Gill! From Nemo!
And this guy! (we found a lot of Nemo characters)
Baby Octopus
Turtles! I love turtles... I even picked up a wood carving of turtles at the souvenir shops to go up on our shelves in our living room if we ever get them done and up.
So the shark tank was this HUGE tank full of all the sharks pictured above and then you went through the shark glass tube but even the floor was glass! Jeremy had to walk around it but I walked right on it. I told you...no fear of sharks. I shouldn't say no fear, but reasonable fear. I don't dart my head around in the ocean, it doesn't phase me to go out swimming in the ocean and shark tubes don't frighten me. Don't mind my belly blocking the bottom of the picture. It just does that now...
After the aquarium we headed back to the hotel and hung out on the beach for a bit before changing for our Valentine's dinner and pictures on the beach. After about 10am the beach got really windy and people would slowly leave and by the evening, ideal photo time, everyone was gone so we got some AMAZING maternity pictures which I'll post in a later post. Seriously I am so happy with them I can't wait to get them up on the walls.
DAY 3 - Friday. On Friday Jeremy went out snorkeling, I'll post all his pictures and videos from his snorkeling adventures later. After he got back I got ready to go and we grabbed breakfast before heading out for whale watching.
This little baby came right up on the side of the ship
We saw lots of Mommies with their babies
Baby!
None of them jumped out of the water or even lifted their heads out but what can you do. It was still fun to see them and relaxing to hang out on the boat. Everyone kept cracking jokes about my baby's first whale sighting. Amazing how when you leave Utah suddenly being pregnant gets you a lot of attention. Here at home everyone is like oh who cares it's just another pregnant woman. Lol. It was nice to get to experience that a little bit this pregnancy though.
After whale watching we rushed upstairs to shower and get ready because Jeremy had a corporate meeting and then we met for dinner. They rented out an ocean side restaurant for us and we all got to have one last goodbye dinner together. I also got to try crab cakes for the first time which were DELICIOUS. It's so funny I hate seafood but I love crab. Jeremy loves seafood but hates crab. Ha!
Our last day, Saturday, we didn't fly out until late and we purposefully planned absolutely nothing for that day so we could sit on the beach. We had planned to take me to a more shallow area to snorkel but forgot that all the people who had rented cars had already left :( oops. I can't say I felt too bad though because hanging out like this all day is not bad. Oh and yes she is lopsided on my right side. She is ALWAYS on my right side. Right over my bladder. Smashing into it with every chance she gets. We are not friends right now...
We did do some swimming though and just enjoyed our last day in Hawaii.
It takes a few tries before I can get a real smile out of Jeremy. Usually involving pouting so he laughs at me and then at least I get a natural laugh.
See? lol
Like my weird heart shaped sunburn? I was SO good about putting on 50spf sunscreen the whole trip but apparently before the whale tour I missed my neck...dumb pregnancy brain. I tried to smile but it was bright out and very very windy.
After that we had to say a sad goodbye to the beach and headed out to dinner with some friends before being picked up (by the Limo, what!?!? that was a fun surprise...except for Cameron...who gets motion sickness in Limos lol). Our plane left after 10pm so not only is that 1am for us but I couldn't sleep THE WHOLE plane rides home. I got home in a zombie state and said hello to my toddler before my husband made me go to bed. After a day and a half of relaxing and keeping my feet up at home my very, VERY, swollen feet and legs went down to normal (ish) size. Aiden was super grumpy the couple days after we got back but after Mim
headed back home and his schedule got back to normal he's been back to
my happy kid. No more yelling yay! He was kind of a monster child there
for a bit but the poor kid just likes his schedule. He does miss his Nana
though! Back to normal life, with only 6 (more like 4-5 if she comes early like Aiden or I decide to go the induction route) more weeks to go. Woohoo!
























No comments:
Post a Comment