Monday, November 5, 2012

Aiden's Birthday

A couple months ago Aiden out of the blue decided Yo Gabba Gabba was his new favorite thing ever. He was having meltdowns everytime he had to leave Muno at his cousins' and so we got him a Muno and a Brobee because he decided they both were his favorites. Then his Nana Jones got him gabba shoes which he has since refused to take off, even for bed time, and since he loves them so much he decided to finally figure out how to put on shoes himself so we have started making him leave them downstairs so he doesn't wake up with stinky sweatfoot. He also said he wanted a Yo Gabba Gabba party so that's what we did. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of pictures because of Jeremy's arm he wasn't able to help with the party much so I spent the whole time organizing things instead of snapping away but I did get some. Here are the party decorations. Those balloons caused a bit of a mommy meltdown. Not really but I did get pretty upset. I went to Party City and they adamantly refused to fill up the balloons (which came in a kit from an online party store) because they weren't "Party City" balloons and because of the Helium shortage they can only fill up balloons you buy from them. So we went over to Macey's (whom Party City had claimed would not fill up our balloons either which was a lie) and at least had them fill up the foil balloon and I angrily and tiredly WITH a migrane blew up all 18 balloons and just taped them to the ceiling instead. Super lame but it was the best I could come up with. Also I was too tired and frustrated to make them all cute so they are in straight lines. Oh well.

I did attempt for the first time ever to decorate cupcakes by myself and this is what came of them. The important thing is Aiden was kind of able to figure it out...lol



Over there in the background on the left you can see the Party in my Tummy game. I should have handed off my camera to someone with two arms who could snag some pictures but it was kind of a crazy disorganized mess (what happens when I run a party lol) and so I didn't get any pictures of the game but it was fun and all the kids enjoyed it. Blakely decided Brobee did not belong on the wall and promptly ripped him off when the game was done lol. 



After games we did dinner and presents. Aiden struggled again with the "we can't open any toys until all the gifts are open" but there weren't any melt downs about it so that is a plus(more of a miracle with how Aiden's been lately). Just some panicking about people taking his toys (he's very anxious about this lately lol). 

He got a Dinosaur Train set from Grandma Thompson and loves it. He loves that he can take it apart and put it back together and he sings the song and copies the conductor when the train talks. Thanks Grandma Thompson!! I don't have a picture of it because we did it really quick before they had to go(Grant and Aiden share a birthday) but Emma, Grant and Braedan gave him a tractor set which he loves as well, especially since he knows the names of all the specific tractors because of a tractor book we got him a while back.



Luckily Jeremy's siblings are very intuitive and got the exact gifts I had been looking for but unable to think of when they asked what he wanted haha. I have been looking for transformers that would be easy enough for Aiden to do and haven't been able to find them but the ones he got from Dallin and Cooper are perfect and he figured them out pretty quick and loves making them transform back and forth.


Kensie and Blakely got him a car carrier (I have no idea what those things are called haha) and he loves it! I had been thinking of getting him one but couldn't find one big enough to cart around his bigger cars and this one is perfect, he thought it was especially cool when I showed him how to drive the cars up into it.


From mom and dad he got the soccer net and a new nice soccer ball(since his old ones were destroyed) and a Strider glide bike! He loves bikes but he hated the pedals and so we've never gotten him one because he wouldn't ride them but the glider bike he cruises around on and he loves it. The soccer net we are working on because he keeps throwing the ball in the net rather than kicking it. Oh well haha. 



At first he struggled with blowing out his candle. I thought he'd get right up in there and blow it out but he was determined to keep a very safe distance haha.


Moved it a little closer and success!


It was a fun party and he really enjoyed it with a surprisingly few melt downs (comparatively..we've been having some behavioral issues recently. We got the potty training under control and we'll tackle this one too. Somehow I'll survive his reactions to this baby?). Speaking of baby I have been feeling lots of movement and Jeremy got to feel a tiny little kick for the first time this past week so that was a lot of fun. Countdown 2 weeks and 2 days until we found out what this little thing is.

No comments: