Trying to get 3 toddlers looking is quite the task
Aiden LOVED the elephants "hi elephant! more elephants mom more!"
We could have spent the whole day at the elephants and Aiden would have been happy
They had a display with some elephant teeth and as soon as he saw them he goes "shark time mom! where shark time?!". Apparently they looked like shark teeth. Sorry to disappoint you Aiden but no sharks here.
But there were monkeys!
Aiden's thought process : look at the monkeys
do you see them?
I don't think you see them...
I'll come show you again
They even had a little baby monkey!
Aiden with Aunt Brooke
Carter and Olivia
Don't mind that Aiden is out of focus, he decided to back up as soon as I took the picture. Sometimes I think he does these things on purpose.
He couldn't sit on the fake animals but he could climb up on the giant rock!? I asked him if he wanted to sit on the animals like his cousins - "no mom, I stand." Those are gold fish in his hands by the way. He doesn't eat them. Just holds them. And then he collected a rock and some sticks. The rocks, sticks and tractors (there for the construction of the new exhibits opening in June YAY!) were the highlights of Aiden's day. Why do I bother taking him places when clearly he just wants to go to a construction yard...
snuggling with mom! He wanted to see the giraffes. I wore my hair up because I thought it would be warm. What was I thinking?!
We had lots of fun. There were a lot of areas closed off for construction but the other animals seemed to be aware and decided to make it up to us. All the tigers were out and one came right up to us and even growled which Aiden LOVED and the gorillas even woke up for us and started walking around. Aiden seemed to have fun so we will see how cool the new exhibits are and maybe I'll get a zoo pass. I've been debating between that and a Thanksgiving Point pass but I've never been a farm animal fan so the zoo will probably win (despite the fact that I hate driving out there because I always get lost on the way home haha). Had a fun day with cousins, hope to see them all again soon!


















No comments:
Post a Comment