Saturday, October 17, 2009

Dang Baby!

So I wake up thinking it would be a normal day and then i start having contractions every 5-10 minutes out of no where. They weren't painful so I go on with my daily plans and they keep getting closer together and then about 3 1/2 hours later they are 3-5 minutes apart and getting stronger, I call my doctor and he tells me to get to the hospital now so of course in a panic I go to the hospital. I get there and they run some tests, my water hadn't broken so the nurse looked pretty skeptical. They leave me on the monitor for about 20 minutes and the nurse rushes in asking if I'm in pain, my contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and lasting about 60 seconds each and they were so strong they were off the charts. She gets all excited and starts telling me I'm going to have my baby tongiht and so of course I get all excited and nervous and worked up and she has the head nurse come in to check me and guess what? I WASN'T DILATED AT ALL. So they call my doctor and he told them to send me home and to take some tylenol for the pain and go to sleep and if they are still going on tomorrow morning then I can come back in. WHY IS MY BODY SO RETARDED!?!? So I'm in excrutiating pain and still NO BABY. I'm ticked. If you couldn't tell.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I know exactly how you feel, but trust me, you don't really want to have a baby 4 weeks early. Two weeks, not so bad, but 4... I don't know so much :-) I was ready for them to cut Kens out about 6 weeks early so I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I didn't want him to be 4 weeks early, I was really scared when I started having the contractions but he was still kicking so I tried to calm myself down. But it was still rude of the nurse to say I was going to see my baby last night and then it didn't happen :(!! And it was lame of my body to put me through all that for nothing! Although it gave me some home because the nurse thinks I'll be at least two weeks early!!

Jamie said...

:-) thats as close as I made it to the due date... but I'm gonna vote "yes," contractions for no reason are definitely not fair!